TheSmartLocal is an independent media publisher that focuses on travel and lifestyle stories for Singaporeans. We give locals trusted hyper-local information on what to do in and out of their country. This is done through our website, YouTube channel, Facebook page and Instagram. Our website is one part editorial based and one part community based where members can upload their own reviews and have their say about everything Singapore.
Today, TheSmartLocal reaches over 3 million Singaporeans each month. Businesses looking to advertise can check out our advertising services provided.
- Monthly Website views: 1.1 Million Unique Visitors, 2.5 million hits
- Monthly Facebook Reach: 8 million+
- Facebook Followers: 330,000+
- YouTube Subscribers: 176,000+
- Instagram Followers: 77,000+
- Campaign Conceptualisation
- Editorial Coverage with Full Analytic Reports
- Professional Photography
- Video Production and Promotion - YouTube/Facebook
- Event Organisation - Live Activations
- Talents & Hosting
- Digital Media Consultation
- Custom Publishing
- Influencer Marketing
Timeline & Milestones:
- August, 2012 - TheSmartLocal.com is founded
- January, 2013 - TheSmartLocal.com hits 100,000 unique visitors a month
- June, 2013 - TheSmartLocal expands to Malaysia
- January, 2014 - Our YouTube channel, TheSmartLocal TV is started.
- January, 2015 - TheSmartLocal.com hits 1,000,000 unique visitors a month
- February, 2015 - TheSmartLocal expands to Australia.
- December, 2015 - TheSmartLocal Facebook hits a record 10 million reach a week.
- January, 2016 - TheSmartLocal hits 1 million YouTube views a month
- January, 2017 - TheSmartLocal hits 4 million pageviews a month
- January, 2017 - TheSmartLocal hits 2.5 million YouTube views a month
TheSmartLocal was founded by , an entrepreneur with a passion for travel, food, writing and film making. It was may seem like a mixed bag of skills, but fortunately he was able to apply all these into the creation of this portal.
He enjoyed using sites like TripAdvisor but found out the reviews were all written by foreigners and thus misrepresentative of the true local experience. He felt it was the locals who knew their country the best, but there was no portal that provided a true local voice. Hence TheSmartLocal was created, to build a hyper-local resource from the inside-out that locals and foreigners could use.
TheSmartLocal has since grown into one of the most influential online media publishers in Singapore. We were fortunate enough to be joined by some very young and talented individuals, who have helped us get to where we are today. Here's some of the team behind TheSmartLocal.
The People Behind TheSmartLocal
Our Press Coverage
- techinasia - ""
- yahoo - ""
- e27 - ""
- tnooz - ""
- webintravel - ""
- theonlinecitizen - ""
If you would like to get in touch with us, you can contact us here.